CRM for marketing management is a quite an active segment of the software market. Besides new software developers entering the market, there is a plenty of the existing vendors, which constantly deliver new updates of their solutions.
The software in this business direction is subdivided into B2B and B2C solutions, which differ by their functionality. The differences arise from the prioritized activities in each sphere: B2B firms tend to rely more on relationships building, whereas B2C companies strive to achieve brand loyalty.
Benefits of Marketing Automation Platforms
Marketing automation software helps firms develop, execute and track marketing campaigns. It is used to automate workflows, track customer behavior, manage resources and qualify leads based on various parameters (such as a geographical location, industry, source of customer attraction, etc.).
The following benefits can be realized as a result of successful implementation of marketing automation tools:
- Identification of more leads. Marketing software is an effective tool for targeting potential customers, which is realized through qualifying leads and assigning them to the appropriate sales representatives.
- Improvement of sales management. By analyzing the leads converted into sales, marketing CRM assists companies to better coordinate the activity of their sales teams.
- Increase of effectiveness of marketing campaigns. Using CRM marketing tools, a company can measure effectiveness of its campaigns and make corresponding adjustments to achieve greater productivity of its advertising activities.
- Costs decrease. Marketing automation can reduce the number of employees and spending on services outsourcing.
Top 7 Marketing Automation Software
Based on the customers’ reviews and ratings published on the Internet, the list of the best marketing automation software has been made, which comprises the top 7 enterprise solutions.
The first in the ranking is bpm’online. Being one of the best online marketing software, the solution provides advanced out-of-the-box practices ensuring the most efficient lead management.
The system has the following distinctive features:
- Multiple email marketing tools to make communication with customers more personalized.
- Comfortable, up-to-date user interface that allows for focusing on what’s relevant only.
- Lead management tools to keep track and qualify leads from the moment of their generation to final sales.
According to the software users, the vendor’s out-of-the-box processes may not cover all operations used by a company. In this case they might require additional customization.
- Oracle Marketing Cloud
Oracle Marketing Cloud represents SaaS solution, which is suitable both for B2B and B2C firms. Being the first of all email marketing software packages, it can be used by organizations of different sizes.
The system allows for combining the following functions on a single platform:
- Building of targeted segments
- Execution of email campaigns
- Lead scoring
- Reporting and analytics
The main advantage of the software is that it can be integrated with other online marketing automation systems, such as Salesforce or MS Dynamics CRM.
Among the drawbacks of the solution, its users name an outdated interface and some glitches in its functioning (e.g. when building campaigns).
- SAP CRM
SAP CRM is a powerful solution that grasps multiple business processes on one platform. The marketing module of the program helps companies score leads and develop, execute and coordinate effective marketing campaigns.
The disadvantage of the software is its complicacy and high maintenance cost.
- Salesforce Pardot
Being a Salesforce product, Pardot offers online marketing software designated primarily for B2B organizations.
The Pardot suite provides the following functionality:
- Lead management
- Email marketing
- Campaigns management
- Trends reporting
- Automated sales alerts delivery
Unfortunately, the software users complain that the system doesn’t work well when entering too much lead data. The other weakness is non-user-friendly interface making execution of simple tasks difficult and not allowing to design own templates for forms and emails.
Web-based Marketo solution is designed for organizations of all sizes and contains multiple integrated modules delivering the following capabilities:
- Lead management
- Email marketing
- Consumer marketing
- Customer base marketing
- Mobile marketing
The system can be integrated with several cloud-based solutions too, including Salesforce, SugarCRM and MS Dynamics CRM.
The shortcomings of the system according to its users are:
- A low speed of some operations;
- A high complexity taking much time to train;
- Not so prompt reaction of the support regarding issues resolving.
Infusionsoft represents cloud-based sales and marketing software intended for small businesses only.
The key features of the solution include:
- Multifunctional leads and customers database
- Marketing automation
- Advanced e-commerce tools providing sales autmation
- Reporting and analytics
- API integration with other platforms
The cons of the software according to its users’ reviews are not intuitive interface and high customer service costs for the opportunity to learn how to operate with all the functionality of the system.
- Campaign Monitor
Campaign Monitor refers to email marketing software that can assist businesses in execution of email marketing campaigns and generation of various reports. The system allows for keeping track of correspondents’ behavior to subsequently analyze their engagement with content sharing and determine total email performance.
The disadvantage of the solution is that it isn’t suitable for larger businesses.
Advanced analytics and reporting tools of the marketing funnel automation software packages listed above can provide businesses with measurement of the performance of their initiatives, including determination of driving leads and correlation of costs with revenue derived from marketing campaigns. As a result, this allows companies to allocate resources in the most efficient way afterwards.